Monthly Archives: January 2019
It is time to reserve your seating on a bus to Olympia for the Washington State March for Life, Tuesday, January 22nd.
Six comfortable motor coaches have been arranged to serve 11 parishes in Burien, Covington, Des Moines, Kent, Renton, and Seattle.
In addition to freeing passengers from parking concerns, the buses offer opportunity for group prayer and fellowship.
Bus passengers will have opportunity to visit with their legislators in group meetings that are pre-arranged by bus leaders.
See schedules for buses stopping at St. Stephens and other parishes by clicking on the bus name in the list at https://ststephenslife.com/march-for-life. All pro-life Christians are welcome!
- Seats are reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Walk-ons are welcome only when (limited) space permits. Last year we filled 56 seats on our Marie Parker Coach with 58 passengers (2 lap babies)!
- Stops will be eliminated if no one registers to board there.
- Please note! All of these buses are going to the Mass at Sacred Heart in Lacey (not St. Martin’s, which is not available this year). However there is another Mass For Life being held at St. Michael’s in Olympia, please see below.
The buses will run to Olympia whether filled to capacity or not. We want all seat FILLED and we welcome all, pro-life Christians and friends, whether able to contribute the actual cost per seat ($25-$30 suggested donation) or not! Families with children are of course not expected to contribute $25 per seat. An envelope will be circulated for your (cash or check) donation during the bus ride. And, if you’re unable to join us but would like to contribute to offset bus expenses, please see the instructions by clicking on the HERE (green lettering) under the list of buses and their stops.
When you call to reserve, please be prepared to give the following information:
- NAME (of each passenger—HOW MANY seats?);
- PHONE NUMBER (in case of last-minute changes; in 2012 buses were cancelled due to snow); and
- Legislative District Number OR Street Address (with zip code) NOTE: Legislative district numbers are listed on your Voter Registration Card or from http://app.leg.wa.gov/DistrictFinder/ by filling in street address and clicking on FIND MY DISTRICT.
Also please see https://ststephenslife.com/documents/2018/12/vigil2019posterV1.pdf for details of a Candlelight Vigil: Remembering Unborn Babies taking place at St. Stephen’s the evening of January 21st.
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to phone me or any of the others listed at https://ststephenslife.com/march-for-life
Thank you for your help in spreading the word and encouraging participation in this important day of prayer, witnessing, and advocating for Life.
On behalf of St. Stephen Legislative Advocacy and Respect Life Ministry,
425.235.4911 (voice only, no texts)
Note on the New Mass Locations this Year
There is one change this year for the Mass For Life in Olympia, WA. The Pavilion at Saint Martins’ is not available this year and it has been decided by the Archdiocese that due to limited space we will celebrate two Masses For Life in Olympia. The first will be at Sacred Heart in Lacey, WA. beginning at 9:30am and the second will be at the recently completed remodel of Saint Michael Parish Downtown beginning at 10:00am. At this time the presiders have not yet been determined. The Archbishop’s Office is still working out those details. At least one (or more) of the arch/bishops and Abbot Neal will be at each church and they are working to divide them all.
The Archdiocese encourages those coming from the North to go to Sacred Heart, Lacey and those coming from the South to go to Saint Michael, Olympia. [Editor’s note: All of the buses at the link above are going to the Mass at Sacred Heart in Lacey].
Remember that once again the K of C Council 1643 will be providing a soup and hot dog luncheon at Sacred Heart, Lacey in Hallen Hall immediately following the March. Come and enjoy the food and comradery amongst fellow pro-life supporters.
-Ron DeGroot , Life Chairman WA State K of C