St. Stephen Respect Life Ministry invites ALL to 2 events at St. Stephen the Martyr Church Social Hall Friday, March 1, and Saturday, March 2:
- 7:30 – 8:00pm Distribution of 40 Days for Life Kent materials (signs, etc.). Learn more and sign up to participate in 40 Days for Life Kent online at www.40daysforlife.com/kent OR sign up in the Hall Friday or Saturday evening between 7:30 and 8:00 pm. (Option: Stay for the movie and popcorn, see below.)
- 8:00 pm “UNPROTECTED,” an movie for parents exposing the distortion and perversions our children are exposed to daily and the solution to this perilous sexual chaos. No charge. Popcorn provided. Sponsored by Respect Life Ministry. All are welcome! More info and trailer at www.unprotectedmovie.com (Optional: Come at 7:30pm for 40 Days for Life Kent materials.)
Adult Bible Study
Sundays*, 12pm – 1:30pm in the Mother Teresa Room
New Bible Study begins October 14th. Deepen your faith and increase your understanding and appreciation of God’s Word as we reflect on the Sunday Readings we hear at Mass.
No registration necessary; just bring your Bible, questions, thoughts, and a heart open to the life-changing power of Holy Scripture. Come every Sunday, or as often as your own schedule permits.
For more information, please call Holly Renz in the Parish Office, 253-859-0444 ext. 215, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words
of eternal life.
*October 14, 21, 28
*November 4, 11, 18
*December 2, 9, 16
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults [RCIA]—also called Christian Initiation—is the process through which adults join the Catholic Church. If you have never been baptized, or have been baptized in another Christian tradition and wish to learn more about becoming Catholic, the RCIA Inquiry is your first step.
During the course of the Christian Initiation process, you will study the scriptures, learn about and discuss the teachings of the Church and how to apply them to your own life, and experience the liturgical life of the community at Mass and other prayer opportunities. Together with a parish Sponsor or godparent, the Christian Initiation Team, and the guidance of the Holy Spirit, you will come to see if this is where God is calling you–to live a life as a disciple of Jesus Christ within the faith community of the Catholic Church.
2018-19 Inquiry classes begin Tuesday, October 2
7pm in the Mother Teresa Room
Please call Holly Renz at 253.859.0444, ext 215,
Confirmation Preparation: 2018 – 2019
Confirmation Preparation Registration will be August 18-19 & 25-26 after all the Masses.
***Please bring a copy of your Baptismal Certificate and the preparation fee to register.
Confirmation Information Meeting: Thursday, August 23rd @ 7 p.m. in the Hall
At this information meeting we will answer all your questions about Confirmation Preparation. We will also have a finalized schedule of sessions & requirements. The preparation fee is $75 per person. Parents and Youth must attend!
Confirmation Sessions are on Sunday evenings, 6-8 p.m., Sept. 9-Nov. 18 and an All Day Retreat on November 12th.
****Confirmation Preparation is open to all baptized youth who will be 16 years old or older by February 1, 2019.****
Are you an Adult interested in preparing for the Sacrament of Confirmation?
Adult sessions are in December in English and January in Spanish.
Please contact Lisa Pozzi in the Faith Formation Office for more information.
For more information please contact:
Lisa Pozzi, Director of Children’s Sacramental Preparation & Youth Ministry
253-859-0444 *212 or LPozzi@holyspiritkent.org
1st Communion Preparation 2018 – 2019
Registration for 2018 -2019 is August 18-19 & 25-26 after all the Masses.
***Please bring a copy of your child’s Baptismal Certificate and the appropriate fee.
Our Sacramental Preparation sessions are held on Saturdays, October through May. We ask that participants and their families be active, registered parishioners, and attend Mass on a weekly basis. Preparation time for 1st Reconciliation/1st Communion is 2 years. We offer classes for children in grades one and up.
- Classes meet Saturdays, October – May
- Year 1 class time is Noon-1:30 pm.
- Year 2 class time is 9:00-10:30 am
- Classes are for children AND their parents
- Children’s classes are taught in English only. Parent classes are offered in both English and Spanish.
- 90% class attendance is required for both children and parents
- The Sacramental Prep. fee is $75 for 1 child, $100 for 2 children, $125 for 3 or more children, per year
For more information on these programs please contact:
Lisa Pozzi, Pastoral Assistant for Children’s Sacramental Preparation & Youth Ministry
253-859-0444 x212 or LPozzi@holyspiritkent.org
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE
ANNUAL CATHOLIC APPEAL AND
PARISH STEWARDSHIP GIVING?
ANNUAL CATHOLIC APPEAL (ACA)
• Occurs in the spring of each year
• Pledge to the Archdiocese – May to April
• Supported by Catholics and Parishes across Western Washington
• The Archdiocese processes donations, sends Monthly reminders, and provides Tax Statements
• Supports over 60 ministries and services throughout Western Washington
PARISH STEWARDSHIP OF TREASURE
• Occurs in the fall of each year
• Yearly pledge to our parish – January to December
• Supported by Parishioners
• The Parish processes donations, sends envelopes and periodic reminders, provides Tax statement
• Provides parish ordinary income supporting the work and ministries of our Parish
The Archdiocese encompasses all of Western Washington, stretching from the Canadian to the Oregon border and from the Cascade Mountains to the Pacific Ocean. There are 173 parishes, missions and pastoral centers in the Archdiocese, serving 579,500 registered Catholics.
WAYS TO DONATE TO ACA
Click Here to Donate Online— It’s quick, easy and secure using credit,
debit, checking/savings. Make a one-time gift or set up monthly installments. Or, set up a ‘pledge only’ with no down payment required — just pay throughout the year.
Pledge Envelopes— We have pledge envelopes in the pews and in the Gathering Space. Envelopes were also mailed to registered homes in the archdiocese.
Matching Gift— Please check with your employer and find out if they match their employee donations.
Stock Donation— Contact your broker or Parish Financial Services at (206) 382-7316 or Toll-free (800) 422-5417.
All parish youth in grades 6-12 are invited to join the Holy Spirit Youth Group
Youth group offers catechesis, community building, service, and activity for parish youth in grades 6-8 & 9-12 to foster discipleship.
Click here to download our calendar.
Renewing the Vision is a framework for Catholic youth ministry. It highlights goals, challenges, themes, and different ministries in relati on to youth ministry in the United States. Below are paraphrased goals for youth ministry in the Catholic Church.
- Goal #1: To empower young people to live as disciples of
Jesus Christ in our world today.
- Goal #2: To draw young people to responsible participation in the life, mission and work of the Catholic faith community.
- Goal #3: To foster the total personal and spiritual growth of each young person.
For More Information Contact Lisa Pozzi: email@example.com or 253-859-0444 x212.