Author Archives: Tony Mactutis
Confirmation Preparation: 2018 – 2019
Confirmation Preparation Registration will be August 18-19 & 25-26 after all the Masses.
***Please bring a copy of your Baptismal Certificate and the preparation fee to register.
For more information please contact:
Lisa Pozzi, Director of Children’s Sacramental Preparation & Youth Ministry
253-859-0444 *212 or LPozzi@holyspiritkent.org
1st Communion Preparation 2018 – 2019
Registration for 2018 -2019 is August 18-19 & 25-26 after all the Masses.
***Please bring a copy of your child’s Baptismal Certificate and the appropriate fee.
Our Sacramental Preparation sessions are held on Saturdays, October through May. We ask that participants and their families be active, registered parishioners, and attend Mass on a weekly basis. Preparation time for 1st Reconciliation/1st Communion is 2 years. We offer classes for children in grades one and up.
- Classes meet Saturdays, October – May
- Year 1 class time is Noon-1:30 pm.
- Year 2 class time is 9:00-10:30 am
- Classes are for children AND their parents
- Children’s classes are taught in English only. Parent classes are offered in both English and Spanish.
- 90% class attendance is required for both children and parents
- The Sacramental Prep. fee is $75 for 1 child, $100 for 2 children, $125 for 3 or more children, per year
For more information on these programs please contact:
Lisa Pozzi, Pastoral Assistant for Children’s Sacramental Preparation & Youth Ministry
253-859-0444 x212 or LPozzi@holyspiritkent.org
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE
ANNUAL CATHOLIC APPEAL AND
PARISH STEWARDSHIP GIVING?
ANNUAL CATHOLIC APPEAL (ACA)
• Occurs in the spring of each year
• Pledge to the Archdiocese – May to April
• Supported by Catholics and Parishes across Western Washington
• The Archdiocese processes donations, sends Monthly reminders, and provides Tax Statements
• Supports over 60 ministries and services throughout Western Washington
PARISH STEWARDSHIP OF TREASURE
• Occurs in the fall of each year
• Yearly pledge to our parish – January to December
• Supported by Parishioners
• The Parish processes donations, sends envelopes and periodic reminders, provides Tax statement
• Provides parish ordinary income supporting the work and ministries of our Parish
The Archdiocese encompasses all of Western Washington, stretching from the Canadian to the Oregon border and from the Cascade Mountains to the Pacific Ocean. There are 173 parishes, missions and pastoral centers in the Archdiocese, serving 579,500 registered Catholics.
WAYS TO DONATE TO ACA
Click Here to Donate Online— It’s quick, easy and secure using credit,
debit, checking/savings. Make a one-time gift or set up monthly installments. Or, set up a ‘pledge only’ with no down payment required — just pay throughout the year.
Pledge Envelopes— We have pledge envelopes in the pews and in the Gathering Space. Envelopes were also mailed to registered homes in the archdiocese.
Matching Gift— Please check with your employer and find out if they match their employee donations.
Stock Donation— Contact your broker or Parish Financial Services at (206) 382-7316 or Toll-free (800) 422-5417.
Not sure why you should give? See below:
All parish youth in grades 6-12 are invited to join the Holy Spirit Youth Group
Youth group offers catechesis, community building, service, and activity for parish youth in grades 6-8 & 9-12 to foster discipleship.
Click here to download our calendar.
Renewing the Vision is a framework for Catholic youth ministry. It highlights goals, challenges, themes, and different ministries in relati on to youth ministry in the United States. Below are paraphrased goals for youth ministry in the Catholic Church.
- Goal #1: To empower young people to live as disciples of
Jesus Christ in our world today.
- Goal #2: To draw young people to responsible participation in the life, mission and work of the Catholic faith community.
- Goal #3: To foster the total personal and spiritual growth of each young person.
For More Information Contact Lisa Pozzi: email@example.com or 253-859-0444 x212.